SEO is a marketing discipline focused on growing visibility in organic (non-paid) search engine results. SEO encompasses both the technical and creative elements required to improve rankings, drive traffic, and increase awareness in search engines.
WHERE DOES WEBSITE TRAFFIC COME FROM?
So how does a website usually get traffic anyway? On average 15% of the traffic that gets to your website is direct, meaning that a user simply types the web address directly in their browser (www.yourcompanyname.co.za); 5% originate from others linking to your site, and about 80% comes from search engines and social media!
Though we can assist you with many aspects of online marketing, our main focus and pride is Google Advertising Campaigns, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Social Media Ads.
What is the difference?
Organic listings are results of Google’s, and other search engines, secret algorithms. Their goal is to display the most relevant results. Our goal with search engine optimization is to prove to Google that your site is the most relevant for specific keywords, and have it show up on page 1 (as most people don’t go past the first page).
The results labeled ‘Pay Per Click Ads’ are paid-for listings, also known as sponsored results. With a properly strategized and optimized Pay-Per-Click campaign, your website will show up here in as fast as 15 minutes! The difference here is that with Pay-Per-Click, you will be paying a fee for every visitor that comes to your website. With SEO, you do not pay for each individual visitor.
SEO In a Nutshell
- Usually is by far the best return on investment compared to any online or offline marketing campaign.
- You don’t pay for each visitor and top positions for competitive keywords could bring in tens of thousands of people to your website, regularly.
- Many more people search organic listings than paid advertisements (80% organic vs. 20% sponsored)
- High rankings on Google lend credibility to your website/business. If you rank higher than your competitors on Google, users tend to think that you must have a superior product/service, as people intuitively trust Google.
- Takes time, about 2-3 months, to see tangible results. Over-optimization could get your site blacklisted by the search engines.
- Not all websites are search engine friendly, meaning they may not have the characteristics which enable SEO techniques to work effectively.